Add second drive tp HR10-250

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Add second drive tp HR10-250

Want to add second drive to my hr10-250 leaving the original drive un-touched. After search I found the follwing comment from Lou Jacobs

In any case, the simple way to add a drive is to:

1) connect the drive you want to add to your unit as the SECONDARY SLAVE
2) boot the InstantCake CD and when you get to the first InstantCake screen, hit at the same time
3) now type "BlessTiVo /dev/hdd" and answer "yes" to the question about preparing a new drive for your TiVo
4) install and enjoy

What does  "hit at the same time" mean??

Try Ctrl + C at the same time

Try Ctrl + C at the same time, that may stop the script and allow you then to run the BlessTiVo command.

Tried your suggestion but it

Tried your suggestion but it didn't work. I then tried ctrl+ other keys. That didn't work. When I first boot I get a "boot:" prompt. Is there a more basic prompt??

did you hit enter at the boot

did you hit enter at the boot prompt?

Yes - It then loads a bunch

Yes - It then loads a bunch of stuff then tell me to press enter to start baking. I have then pressed Ctrl+z, Ctrl + c It then reboots

Hmm, not sure what to do then

Hmm, not sure what to do then.

I know on the universal boot cd, you just hit enter to boot lba48 and then type the BlessTiVo command.  Not sure how to do it on the instantcake. 

Does anyone know how to

Does anyone know how to contact Loe Jacobs and ask him what he meant??

First,  His name is Lou Jacob

First,  His name is Lou Jacob.  Second, I can ask him when he gets back tomorrow.

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

Sorry for the typo

I've just confirmed this with

I've just confirmed this with booting an instantcake.

Hit enter to boot or wait and it will boot for you.  When it gets to the screen that says

just hit <enter> and we will being baking your InstantCake!

don't hit enter, just hit the

Ctrl C  (Control plus C keys at the same time) and to the right of the begin your installation line you'll get the prompt that is

/#

then type

BlessTiVo /dev/hdd

hit enter and answer the questions, power off the pc and there you have a drive ready to be installed in the unit.  Good luck! 

Thanks That did the trick!

Thanks That did the trick!