Philips 6000, turbonet, instantcake -- FTP but NO telnet??

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Philips 6000, turbonet, instantcake -- FTP but NO telnet??

Hi, longtime Tivo hacker but new to instancake.  i installed the instancake image on a new 250gb HD and my DSR6000 S1 DTivo with turbonet is running fine.  I have had this unit networked for years until a recent drive failure, so i know the telnet/tivoweb/ftp/tytools network stuff works fine.

I  can FTP to the tivo, and i moved the two netready files per the instructions, but i cannot telnet!?!?!  i get "cannot connect...port 23".  Why would ftp work but not telnet? How do i enable telnet? 

thanks

Robert

never mind...had to send the

never mind...had to send the .netready file... telnet works now.

I couldn't find .NETREADY

I couldn't find .NETREADY anywhere.  I created an empty file with that name and FTP'ed it to /var.  Is that what you did?

Jeff
http://www.dvrplayground.com
Yeah, I've searched and found

Yeah, I've searched and found the same response a million times on this site.  After probing a bit further I found the culprit: The problems is that Mac OS X hides any file that begins with a period.  I would be willing to bet that many of these people are using OS X and can not see the .NETREADY file.  Hope that helps someone else who is sick and tired of being sent to that NETREADY support page only to dowload what appears to be 2 and not 3 files.

Jeff