Philips DSR6000 Green Screen

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Philips DSR6000 Green Screen

I just downloaded instant cake for my 6000. I got it to show ch100.I am using an old card for now just to test, but when I power down the unit i will get the green screen. I have tride two 40GB HD and the same thing happens.

Sounds like either you need

Sounds like either you need to re-download the image and burn it again.  If that fails, check your IDE cables in your PC and in your tivo.  A green screen typically is from corrupt software, which leads me to believe the problem is your image and/or burning and baking, but every so often it could be from a phsyical problem in the tivo.

Thanks I will try to reburn

Thanks I will try to reburn the cd. The old HD still work on the unit.

I replace the IDE cable on the tivo but that didnt work. I had it runing for about 30 mins than i unpluge it  and got the green screen.

Is there anything I need to know when I am rebaking the drive?

When you say you get the

When you say you get the green screen when you unplug it, what do you mean by that?

Just make sure it finishes baking you follow all the instructions and you should be fine. You might also try a different pc as well.

When I first install the new

When I first install the new HD it would bootup fine. When I unpluge the AC from the tivo and than pluged it back in I would get the green screen (a severe error has occurred)

Okay, that's what I thought,

Okay, that's what I thought, just wanted to clarify.  You may want to not pull the plug so quickly, that could be causing it.  When you boot up the tivo, it's grabbing a lot of satellite data for the first couple of hours and processing it.  It takes a bit of time.  I'd retry burning the drive and then leaving it overnight, then unplug it, then replug it up and see if the gsod occurs.  If it does, then you should start with the basics.

1) Redownload, burn and bake the drive

2) run diags on the drive, a new drive isn't always 100% just because it's new.

But I'd try just redoing the drive, installing it and leaving it for tonight and check tomorrow.

Thanks I will  do that.

Thanks I will  do that.

You where 100%. Its working

You where 100%. Its working great.

Thank You!!!!!!!