Getting desperate -might this work? 10-250 withdrawal pains

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Getting desperate -might this work? 10-250 withdrawal pains

I posted earlier but just now saw the new thread option. Sorry if redundant. Problem is I "upgraded" to HR20 and yet still love my 10-250 which was evidently leased (from last August), but left with me after HR20 install.  I want to use the 10-250 for ota, but when I hooked it up found that it is deactivated. UGH! I want my tivo!!  So, might this work? And if so for how long:

Could I go into my other hookup in the living room where I have a Samsung SIRS 4120 (MINE! All mine! YEAH!) and temorarily use those sat. dish feeds and its card and re-attach the 10-250 to get past the searching for satellite feed and then put all back together with the Samsung and carry my 10-250 into the den with high def tv and hook up ota to 10-250 and then enjoy my dual buffers and tivo-ability?  I just thought of that.  If it won't work and I don't have any extra sat. cables (installer just put in 5lnb dish and kept same cables)  can I  do anything else? I am desperate and just can't seem to let this go.  I mean, could I get another card from another unit or something or what?  Any help will be much appreciated.

AFIK, the HR10-250 will only

AFIK, the HR10-250 will only operate when attached to the cables and needs a valid card.

I doubt that the card was de-activated. You should be able to find out by checking the directv web site.

If you want to use it along with your HR20, call DirecTV and ask them to run another two cables to your den.

I have both an HR10 and an HR20. While I prefer the Tivo interface of the HR10, after about a week I got used to the HR20 interface as well and now use them each with no problems. 

BruceS said: AFIK, the HR10

BruceS said: AFIK, the HR10-250 will only operate when attached to the cables and needs a valid card. I doubt that the card was de-activated. You should be able to find out by checking the directv web site. If you want to use it along with your HR20, call DirecTV and ask them to run another two cables to your den. I have both an HR10 and an HR20. While I prefer the Tivo interface of the HR10, after about a week I got used to the HR20 interface as well and now use them each with no problems. 

Bruce you are so right!  I have had the Free upgrade from DTV for my 3-HR10-250's.  They allowed me to keep the 10-250's and I have them all active along with the 4- HR-20's. of course my DTV Bill has increased by the additional and leased receivers (7 x $4.99)